Hard Reset on Android TV – All modern tools are very useful in our daily lives. However, these devices are not without technical glitches. Android TV, for example, allows us to stream hundreds of shows and movies. However, this can cause problems such as software errors, crashes, and slowdowns. Usually, when these problems occur frequently, we choose to reset to factory settings to fix the problem. What if I don’t reset the Smart TV to factory settings? Then the next step is to hard reset your Android TV. In this guide, I will explain to you how to do this.
The hard reset method is also called forced hard reset. You may be wondering what is the difference between a factory reset and a hard reset. I will explain it. Can be reset from device settings to factory settings. On the other hand, hard reset requires the use of hardware, i. e. gadget buttons. Keep in mind that I can’t guarantee that a hard reset will fix everything. If your Android TV has any major hardware issues, please take it to a service center.
HARD RESET ON ANDROID TV SAFELY
It is useful to perform a hard reset or factory reset to resolve the software issue first. Now let’s look at the steps. First, you need to reset your TV.
Warning: Be sure to readjust carefully as you understand the steps. Softowe is not responsible for any technical issues that may arise on your Android TV when performing the steps in this guide.
- On your TV, go to Settings> Device Performance
- Go to Reset below
- Click Reset to confirm the action
- Android TV will now turn on again
- At this point, all files and applications on your TV will be completely deleted
- Then you need to sign in using Gmail to install the apps
- Turn off the TV and unplug it
- Press OK and Back while pressing the TV’s power button on the remote control [Keep pressing until the Android TV logo appears]
- Now connect the TV cable to the power supply and turn on the TV
You need to take all three steps at once to get someone’s help.
- The TV will now boot into recovery mode
- You will see the recovery menu. Use the scroll key to scroll through the options
- Find and specify the factory reset option
- Then click OK to confirm the hard reset on your Android TV
[Note: On some models of Android TV, you only need to press the OK and Power buttons at the same time.]
So these are the steps you need to take to reset your Android TV. This technique of hard reset will work on almost all models of Android TV.